NETWORK MAINTENANCE SERVICES
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, goes that old saying. This was never more true than with your computer network’s security. In today’s environment, threats are ever present and evolving. The best way to protect your network is with an active network security system. Active network security maintenance includes systems and tasks required to monitor, secure and update your organization’s computer network before problems happen.
As with all business functions, a healthy and secure IT ecosystem depends upon a proactive and consistent process, rather than a reactive, haphazard, fire-fighting approach.
Nicom IT’s key active IT network security services include:
- Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS): IDS monitor network traffic for suspicious activities and potential threats. They analyze data packets, identify malicious behavior, and send alerts to network administrators for further investigation.
- Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS): Similar to IDS, IPS not only detect potential threats but also take action to prevent them from causing harm. They can block malicious traffic, quarantine affected systems, or terminate suspicious connections.
- Firewall Management: Firewalls filter incoming and outgoing traffic based on predefined rules, blocking unauthorized access and malicious traffic. Firewall management involves configuring, monitoring, and maintaining these rules to ensure optimal network protection.
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM): SIEM systems collect and analyze log data from various network devices and applications, providing real-time monitoring, event correlation, and incident response capabilities. They help identify security breaches, track potential threats, and support forensic investigations.
- Vulnerability Scanning and Management: Regular scanning and assessment of network assets help identify security vulnerabilities and misconfigurations. Active vulnerability management involves prioritizing, remediating, or mitigating identified risks to minimize their potential impact on the network.
- Endpoint Security Management: Active endpoint security management includes deploying, updating, and monitoring antivirus and anti-malware software, enforcing security policies, and controlling access to sensitive data.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP): DLP solutions monitor, detect, and prevent unauthorized data transfers or leakage from an organization’s network. They help protect sensitive information and ensure compliance with data privacy regulations.
- Network Access Control (NAC): NAC systems authenticate and authorize devices and users before granting them access to the network. They enforce security policies, monitor compliance, and quarantine non-compliant devices to prevent potential threats.
Contact us at one of our offices in Halifax and Markham to find out how our network security and maintenance services can help your organization.