Earlier in the year, Nicom put into production for the Port of Halifax an “Enhanced Container Tracking” web application, which answers the question definitively, “Where is my container?”. That seems to be a simple enough question, but if the answer is “over there, see, under that stack of other containers,” then that doesn’t do you much good.
Tag Archive for: Programming
After many months of work, our own Mike Hatfield is a published author. His technology book, “CoffeeScript Application Development Cookbook” has been published and is now available on the Packt and Amazon websites.
It’s summer and, as Nat would say, time to roll out those lazy hazy crazy days of soda and pretzels and beer. Well, maybe not so much the soda and pretzels, but certainly all the rest of it. And what better time to talk about… school!
So my Chief Technology Officer walks into one of our Friday meetings and tells me he’s started a special interest group for users of Ruby on Rails. Who, on what? And for that matter, why?
Woody Allen used to say that 80% of success is showing up. I’d add that the remaining 20% is staying there long enough.