Nicom IT Solutions and its employees strive integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities. We promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner. We also educate our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work.
- We recycle, compost, and buy recycled products whenever possible.
- We print double sided as a default and aim to print double sided whenever possible.
- We send spent photocopier and laser printer toner cartridges and printer ribbons to a re-manufacturing firm.
- We purchase recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available.
- We use more energy efficient technologies and products whenever possible.
- We avoid over-lighting areas, turn off lights where they are not needed, keep light fixtures clean.
- We have our computer workstations set for automatic shut-off when sessions become inactive.
- We replace old equipment or appliances with energy efficient models.
- We encourage car-pooling whenever possible.
- We support and promote the importance of “getting it local” by using local products and services whenever possible.
- We help boost the local economy by maintaining and utilizing our long existing membership with Barter Atlantic Ltd. whereby we trade goods and services with locally owned companies.
- We support local hardware suppliers and consulting service providers.
- We hire subcontractors based not only by their qualifications but also by their convenience in commuting, if need be, to job sites within Nova Scotia.
Nicom IT Solutions recognizes environmental protection as one of our guiding principles and a key component of sound business performance. We are committed to providing quality and professional Information Technology and Consulting Services in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimizes our potential impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance will all relevant federal provincial and municipal environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do.
Moreover, Nicom IT Solutions and its employees will; integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities, promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner, train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work, reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable, promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable, purchase and use environmentally responsible products that have been selected based on criteria including low toxicity or environmental hazard, durability, use of recycled materials, reduced energy and/or water consumption reduced packaging and ability to be recycled, refilled or refurbished at end of life, where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, regularly communicate our environmental program to our clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it, strive to continually improve our environmental performance by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.
Partner, Nicom IT Solutions Inc.
Date: August, 14 2015