Let me tell you how it will be; There’s one for you, nineteen for me. ‘Cause I’m the taxman. – George Harrison Towards the end of April each year, oldies radio stations tend to play the Taxman song a lot. According to their Anthology, the Beatles paid upwards of 95% income tax, which was the […]
About Pat d'Entremont
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Pat d'Entremont contributed a whooping 143 entries.
Entries by Pat d'Entremont
Woody Allen used to say that 80% of success is showing up. I’d add that the remaining 20% is staying there long enough. I was first introduced to Information Technology when I was in high school, back when the Apollo program was going on and the Foundations were singing “Build Me Up Buttercup”. I am […]
Guess what, my entry won this contest! Worth $7,000 of free marketing from Starshot (Microsoft). The contest was: Write a brief synopsis between 500 and 1500 characters on why Windows 7 is a great business opportunity for you. What I wrote was: We are an IT consulting firm, and the only company based out of […]
I am pleased to announce that Ian McLaws of Nicom now possesses the Associate Business Continuity Professional (ABCP) designation. Ian took a course from the Disaster Recovery Institute a few weeks ago in Ottawa, and passed with an impressive 98.6%. Congratulations to Ian McLaws, ABCP!
When I first met Chris Lambie, the new Herald Business Editor, I explained that I always strive for my column to be about real life business situations where technology plays a part, and to speak from personal experience as opposed to secondary research. Why not then write a story about my company and something it […]
Nicom IT Solutions Inc. is a Halifax, Nova Scotia based full service IT professional services firm providing Web and mobile business application development, cloud solutions, online portals, technical support services, IT management consulting, and Web Design & Development in addition to Staffing Services.